“Improving Policy Debate and Accountability in Meeting the Criteria of the First Group of Negotiating Chapters”,
Donor: Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands in Tirana
Timeline: June 2021-December 2023
The general objective of the project consists on Civil Society Organizations offering support in Albania’s EU accession negotiations related to Cluster One chapters (fundamentals first), through improved policy debate and strengthened accountability and CSOs role in the process.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Support the public institutions engaged in the Cluster One EU negotiations through provision of policy expertise and advocacy;
- Strengthen accountability and responsiveness of the public institutions engaged in the EU negotiation process to deliver on the fundamentals first and the overall pace of negotiations;
- Strengthen knowledge and involvement of the professional community, relevant stakeholders and the public on processes and outcomes pertaining to Cluster One EU negotiations.
- Strengthen the overall role and visibility of local CSOs in EU negotiation.
During the implementation of this project AHC will deliver these outputs:
- The publication of 6 policy and position papers that deal with the relevant topics related to Albania’s EU integration process;
- 6 round tables for consultation of 6 published papers with relevant actors;
- Participation in 6 joint meetings between partner organizations the C1-EU-NPA Platfrom and relevant institutions.