A group of Albanian civil society organizations, which are independent, non-government, and have a mission to protect and respect fundamental human rights and freedoms, condemn harshly, with pain, and indignation the brutal, military, planned, and treacherous Russian assault against the independent Republic of Ukraine.
In these grave and difficult moments, our thoughts and hearts are with the citizens of Ukraine, determined to protect freedom, independence, their country, and nation.
The entire peace-loving and democratic world condemns the Russian aggression against Ukraine, inspired and encouraged by President Putin.
Russia flagrantly and brutally violated the Minsk ceasefire Agreement of 2015, the United Nations Charter, international Conventions, documents, and agreements. It refused all efforts for dialogue.
The group of Albanian civil society organizations supports without reservation the sanctions undertaken against the Russian aggression in recent days. The first victims of this military assault call for reflection, vigilance, unity, and solidarity.
Albanian signatory organizations:
- Community Reporters Albania (CRA)
- Civil Rights Defenders (CRD)
- Albanian Disability Rights Foundation (ADRF)
- Institute of Political Studies (ISP)
- Albanian Helsinki Committee (AHC)
- Egyptian and Roma Youth Movement (ERYM)
- Partners Albania for Change and Development
- Albanian Center for Economic Research (ACER)
- Gender Alliance for Development Center (GADC)
- Shkodra Aarhus Center
- Center for Legal Civic Initiatives (CLCI)
- TREJA Center
- L.T.R.I Center
- European Center
- The Science and Innovation for Development Centre (SciDEV)
- Center for the Study of Democracy and Governance (CSDG)
- Albanian Women’s Empowerment Network (AWEN)
- Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN Albania)
- Tirana Legal Aid Society (TLAS)